Welcome to Southern Hancock! We are excited you are interested in becoming a part of our school family!
New Move-In District Students:
If you are new to our district and live within our district boundaries, please use the map below to determine which of our three elementary schools your K-4 child will attend.
All 5th and 6th-grade students will attend New Palestine Intermediate School. All 7th and 8th-grade students will attend New Palestine Junior High. All 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th-grade students will attend New Palestine High School.
To register at a Southern Hancock school, visit the building during normal school hours.
Please make sure you have the following documents when you come to register your student:
- A copy of your student's transcript (if available) from their previous school
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Proof of residency (this must be a driver's license, bill, anything that is official from your home purchase or rental agreement.)
If you have any of the following additional documentation as it pertains to your student, please also bring it with you:
- IEP or 504 Plan for students who are enrolled in Special Education or have a 504 Plan.
- Health Plans from the previous school for any medical conditions that we will need to be aware of and plan for.
Students Living Outside of our District:
CSCSHC will open the Out-of-District Transfer application process on February 2, 2020. Please check back for information on how to apply.
The re-enrollment process for 2019-2020 is now open. Once re-enrollment opens, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete this process in PowerSchool. The following is a checklist to ensure a completed Registration/Enrollment for the current school year.
This process must be completed in a web browser and not on the PowerSchool mobile app.
- Visit PowerSchool https://power.newpal.k12.in.us/public/ and log in using your Parent Single Sign-On account.
- If you do not have a Parent Account, please contact your school for information regarding your parent web access id and password to establish a connection to your student.
- Select the Student Information Update link along the left navigation column.
- Click the Launch Registration/Update button
- Fill in each page with updated/correct information.
- In the Contact Information section, make sure you only input the specific kinds of contact you wish to receive from the school. For example, put your email in if you wish to receive building and district newsletters. Add every phone number that you wish to receive notifications about delays, closures, or emergencies. If you add multiple phone numbers, you will be contacted on all of them. You may put your own student’s number as a contact if you wish for them to receive these notifications, as well.
- In the Emergency Contact section, do not add parent information. Put any person that may need to be contacted in case you are unavailable or would ever pick your child up from school. In the event of an emergency at one of our buildings, a student would only be released to a parent or other person listed as an Emergency Contact.
- Click the Save and Continue button at the bottom of each page.
- When finished, you will be shown a success page acknowledging your completion of the registration process.
- Remit Instructional Fees to the school and add lunch money to your student(s) lunch account through SchoolPay, which can be accessed through the online payment option listed along the left navigation tab. You may view your fees and statement by clicking the Balance link on the left hand navigation menu. Please note all convenience fees related to your school’s instructional fees will be waived until the start of school. After the start of school, a convenience fee will be assessed. A $1.95 convenience fee for lunch money deposits is still in effect.
Please contact your child's school with questions or concerns.
Families interested in joining our Little Dragons Pre-Kindergarten Roundup on February 18th at 6:30 p.m. Families will hear from our Little Dragons administrators about the program, meet our Pre-K teachers, and have a chance to tour our Pre-K classrooms.
Students must be 4-years-old on or before August 1, 2020 to be enrolled in Little Dragons. Click here to visit our Little Dragons Early Learning page, where you can learn more about Pre-Kindergarten and Developmental Preschool.